Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Morning Jog & Corn


Yesterday, the intense Summer heat started fading out and I and trillions of others breathed a sigh of relief.  At last, it was comfortable outside, and inside as well!  The energy to run the air conditioning isn't cheap, after all...  Anyhow, me and my brothers decided this was a good time for a trip to the beach, a jog along the shoreline.  I have some excess weight get rid of, though not for reasons of being fit or for vanity's sake, but rather, for the sake of cosplay, so that I don't have my gut hanging out of these costumes~


Now, I'm not a great jogger by any stretch of the imagination.  Sadly, I still can't run for terribly long, partially due to my lack of physical exercise, and also due to my lack of veggies diet.  But hey, I try!  I ran for a bit, under and through the pier, among crowds of kids learning to boogie board, surf, and train as lifeguards.  Running on the beach is definitely more taxing on the body than running on asphalt or grass.  The soft sand that gives way to each step gives one's legs a much more strenuous workout, and the swiftly moving salt water of the ocean wets one's shorts, adding much more weight, skin-clinging, and uncomfortable dampness.  But it was fun.  Tiring, but fun~


We walked back to the car and strolled a bit through downtown Huntington Beach.  Being a wannabe photographer, I did my best to capture the essence of beach-town life.  I took quite a few photos, but this one is the the only one I really liked.  A chain-linked fence, ripped fabric, and an abandoned building make an interesting subject~


We got back, steamed some corn, (which is delicious, I might add), and watched The Wizard~  "I love the Power Glove.  It's so bad."

No comments:

Post a Comment